This has been a LONG week! To remind myself of the good things I’d meant to post a Thankful Thursday post yesterday but I didn’t get around to it. Luckily this evening I was looking around on Facebook and noticed that a friend of mine posted a Friday Fave 5 post so I decided to join in on the fun as well. To see other Fave 5 lists be sure to visit Suzanne at Living to Tell the Story.
1. I am absolutely loving my new bookshelf (despite the fact that its construction/painting took place in my living room for the last two days). I am looking having all the children’s homeschooling books in one place and having a home for all my beloved midwifery/doula/nursing books and yes, textbooks. It has been so nice to be able to empty a couple bins of books that have been hidden away since we moved here over a year ago.
2. I am so happy to have received some diaper covers in the mail earlier in the week (the AppleCheeks™ ROCK, Ilana!!). After shrinking all my wool covers earlier in the week the quick arrival of the new covers was appreciated. I am really happy to have received even more covers and some extra prefolds from another friend yesterday. I finally feel I have enough diapers to be able to say that I no longer have to keep a back of disposables on hand just in case.
3. I’m really, really happy that Ruadhán has apparently fallen into a deep a blissful sleep in my arms. It has been a really loooooong day of walking, cuddling and nursing him. We’ve been wide awake 4:30am. I was beginning to wonder if he was ever going to sleep again!!
4. I’m about to go get a cup of rich hot cocoa and sit of the couch to watch some mindless junk on television!
5. My son finished his grade two workbook yesterday and we got to print out the next level and he is over the moon and so proud of himself. I am excited and proud myself! Way to go, Liam!!!!!
(and posting these a looking for a category for this post reminded me that I actually used to post my Friday Favorite once upon a time! Might be a good habit to get back into!)