Please join Suzanne at Living to Tell the Story and share your favorite moments of the past week.
This week I am very, VERY thankful so this is a bit more than my typical favorites (though I’m sure I can throw in a couple of those, too!
1. Having a home that we can call our own. It may not be the newest or the cleanest but it is a HOME. There are drawings and books in piles all over the place and the dishes may get left in the sink so that we can spent time together but we are all happy, healthy and enjoy life. There are many people that long for a house just like ours and I wouldn’t trade it for a million dollars.
2. Being able to stay home and take care of my children. Even when it is hard, or I’m tired, I wouldn’t trade that either. They are little balls of energy and sometimes I wonder how I’m ever going to get anything done but being able to share in the little moments of their lives and teach them valuable lessons is something I would never change. They are much too important.
3. Having a husband that accepts me for who I am. I’m not perfect. There’s no such thing and he accepts all the little parts of me and doesn’t try to mold me into someone I am not.
And for favorites of the week.
4. The children getting to spend time with Mike’s parents. They look forward to seeing them and the afternoon at the beach was especially nice for them.
5. Eating fresh from the bounty we’ve been given. I’m not a canning queen but I’ve manage to get some things processed as well so I’m feeling good. Our gardens have had their issues but finally it seems that we are beginning to see the fruits of our labour so I am thrilled. They kids love going out into the garden in the morning with me to see what we can pick each day.