If you follow me on Facebook at all, you know that I have been trying my hand at home canning again this year. We try to eat as locally as possible and with my freezer mishap from last year I figured that it would be best to can as much Cape Breton goodness as possible this year. I don’t go all out with my canning like one of my friends, Lindsay (I want to spend a day in the kitchen with her family *lol*) but I do try and have even attempted to go beyond just relish and fruit ketsup this year.
So far this year we have:
- 6 pints of vegetable antipasto
- 2 pints and 6 half pints of bread and butter pickles
- 1.5 liters of dill pickles
- 6 pints of dillweed relish
- 4 half pints of zucchini marmalade (yummy stuff)
- 4 half pints of wild blueberry freezer jam
I just went out today and picked up 64 jars for 20 dollars so I think I will be busy for the next little while. Now, if only I could get over my fear of botulism *lol*.