It’s been quite a while since I’ve posted my Friday Fave Five and that’s a shame because it really is my favorite post to write. Please join Suzanne at Living to Tell the Story and share your favorite moments of the past week.
1. This little boy. It’s unbelievable how much he is changing everyday. He most certainly isn’t a little baby any more. He seems to learn something new and exciting each and everyday. I feel beyond incredibly blessed to have him in my life.
2. Starting off the new “school” year. While it go off to a bit of a rocky start on Tuesday we seem to sort of found our stride and are getting back into the swing of things. Morgaine is starting to spell even though she “can’t read” and I’m loving that.
3. Harvest time. It’s really been a decent gardening year for us and that makes me really happy.
4. Cereal. I’ve been a bit unmotivated to cook this past week or so but I have to say that I’ve enjoyed a nice bowl of cereal in the evening a couple times this week. Cereal is something I NEVER eat so it’s been nice to rediscover it.
5. Story of the World. This is really MY type of learning program and I am thrilled that both kids love it as well. I’ve happily been able to incorporate science, math, English and cooking into this program to make it feel like we aren’t jumping so much from one disjointed subject to another. Morgaine sits for hours with my History of Art textbook and Liam is anxiously waiting to see if any of our Bible stories will be mentioned. It makes me so happy to see them interested in learning (something that has been lacking the last 5 or 6 months). Thank you Susan Wise Bauer!