I’m a little late to post this, and I wasn’t going to post at all, but I need a little pick me up because it’s been one of those weeks where what can go wrong will go wrong. It’s been a long, long week and all I can hope is that next week will be better. In spite of all that, I’ve had some lovely moments. Be sure to head over to Living to Tell the Story to share your lovely moments as well.
1. Colouring Thanksgiving/Harvest pictures with Morgaine. It seems a shame to be using my professional colours for kids’ colouring sheets but I’m lacking in creativity to draw anything of my own and just sitting and colouring gives us a few minutes of much needed quiet.
2. Heading out on the road with the family. We LOVE to take road trips so headed out to New Glasgow last weekend just to take a walk and eat out. The kids like the car. We listen to music and I get to work on my knitting uninterrupted. Despite having to stay in a hotel 30 minutes from home (because almost all gas stations in Cape Breton close at 10pm, who would have thought?) it was a nice trip.
3. Having a baby that eats. What a change from my other two children (one of whom actually got to the point of being FTT)! I almost don’t know what to do with myself as I was a big believer in delaying solids (on my pediatrician’s advice). I’ve never dealt with baby mush before as my other’s have always gone directly to whatever we’re eating. Here’s baby enjoying organic sweet potatoes. Notice how he’s already trying to feed himself. He’ll be able to pick up table food before I know it. Shocking to me!
4. Reviving my ipod. It’s been hiding in a drawer for many month but I’ve pulled it out and started using it to listen to a seminar or two when I am laying awake with insomnia. I figure at least I am being somewhat productive.
5. Fall. Just my favorite time of the year so I’m enjoying every moment of it before the winter sets in!