This is a first for me and I’ve been blogging for years. I was beginning to feel left out! I’ve been tagged by Very Blessed Mama and now have to answer 8 questions that she’s asked me to answer. Watch out because at the end of this post I’ll be choosing 8 of you to answer 8 questions as well!
1. Why do you homeschool? One of the main reasons we chose to homeschool was that we didn’t want to have our children stuck in a classroom where, try as they might, the teachers cannot give individual attention to each child because there are just so many students in a classroom. I didn’t want my children to be bored if they were ahead of the rest of the class or fall behind if they were having problems in a certain area. I also really enjoy being with my children and feel that I know them better than anyone else and can provide them what they need at home and provide them with other opportunities that they would not necessarily get in a school environment.
2. How do you make time for reading the scripture? I usually make time before I go to bed to read. I also think it would be a nice way to start my day as well but I never seem make the time for it. I’ve tried many times to start and the beginning and work my way through the Bible but I haven’t done it, yet. I usually just pick and section and see where it leads.
3. What is your favorite subject to teach to your children? I really enjoy history so I probably enjoy doing Story of the World most. There are lots of hands on activities that we enjoy. I also quite enjoy moral/religious studies because my son loves this subject so much. It is wonderful when he makes connections to real life and it is something that we particularly enjoy together.
4. Do you like to cook? I LOVE to cook. I would spend a lot of time making fancier meals if only my pots and pans would clean themselves after! I make nearly everything from scratch and quite enjoy it. It gives me great pleasure to serve my family healthful, enjoyable home cooked meals.
5. Do you have a home business? I wouldn’t particularly consider my job a home business but I do attend births as a doula. I would love to be able to help provide for my family by doing something from home but I haven’t felt particularly called by anything. I’ve had ideas for different homeschooling material and other crafty ideas but I also doubt myself and haven’t put anything together as of yet. Maybe one day!
6. How do you incorporate family bible time? My husband does not take part in our religious studies so we have time incorporated into our regular school days. 3 times a week we read from the Bible, memorize verses, discuss, etc. We are starting up Kids of Integrity this week and I am looking forward to that.
7. Do you have a specific verse that you hold to for your home or homeschool? No, we do not.
8. What is your favorite thing to do as a family? We like to go walking in the woods or on the beach. It’s something that we try to do on a regular basis to relax and reconnect. There’s something quite soothing about being out in nature and I think we all feel the same way.
Next I have to choose 8 people I want to know more about…..here goes! You’ve been tagged, my friends!
Here are my questions.
1. Describe your favorite meal to cook.
2. What is your favorite book and why?
3. What is your favorite quote, verse, proverb?
4. What is your favorite thing about the fall?
5. If you could meet anyone, who would it be and why?
6. What is the last movie you saw?
7. What is your least favorite chore around the house?
8. If you have a moment to yourself, what is the first thing that you do?
Have fun with this and keep it going, ladies and gent!