Well, way back when I was pregnant I was concerned with my health and staying active. Then I had the baby and all my energy went towards him and his needs and I got a little forgotten along the way. Denise, the lovely lady behind Fit Mama Friday, is hosting a challenge on Got Chai? running through to the end of the year. The girls are already a month or so in, but I’m hoping to join in, too.
The plan is to try to stick as closely to your goals as possible…and be honest about it.
My goals are:
- Six glasses of water a day (1 before each meal and to reach for the water above any other drink).
- 15-30 minutes of exercise 5 days a week (the kids are doing their “Olympic training” and I figure I can join in. I’m also including are brisk walking I do as exercise.
- To loose about pound a week (I have a goal in mind but I’m not sure what I weigh today..I’ll take my first weigh in tomorrow morning) for 5-6 pounds by the end of the year. Seeing as I don’t have a lot to loose and I mostly want to get fit (build muscle) I’m not sure how realistic this is, especially with the holidays coming but I will try.
- To stop the mindless snacking and to sit down at the table EVERY time I eat. I feel especially hungry ALL THE TIME and think it’s because I’m not eating quality food (as I am certainly eating a large quantity of food).
- Hunt down an exercise video to use (because I keep meaning to and never do….any suggestions?)
I’ll check back in weekly and let you know how it goes!